Wednesday, for the first time in our county’s history, the Sheriff’s Office Homeless Outreach Team in collaboration with EDC Behavioral Health, EDC Mental Health, Community Health, Marshall Medical, The Lighted Candle, Walmart, JOBS & Shelters of the Sierras and Capital Aire Systems brought a variety of resources into the field to reach our homeless population where they live. The services offered ranged from minor wound care and education to substance abuse and mental health counselling, along with clothing donations, camping supplies and free laundry service.
Collectively our outreach team was able to provide services to 25 homeless individuals in the following capacity:
BH FIELD ASSESSMENTS PERFORMED:
- 7 – This is the initial screening for entry/assessment to receive a funding package and treatment via rehab/transitional housing.
TYPES OF DONATIONS:
• 8 Loads of laundry completed • 250 gallons of water • Supplies for wound care • Camping supplies/toiletries • Clothing/Shoes/ Cold weather • Feminine hygiene
HEALTH SERVICES PROVIDED:
• Wound care – Training and take-a-long supplies provided
• Assessment of ongoing issues/ailments, including; Cancer, Dental, Infections, Skin Irritation, Allergies, and Women’s Health.
COUNSELING SERVICES OFFERED:
• PTSD • Family Counseling • Substance Abuse • Physical abuse • Sexual assault
We want to thank everyone involved for their time, effort, and knowledge to help the homeless individuals in our community.