The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office has the capability to utilize “Reverse 9-1-1”. This means that the Sheriff’s Office can geographically choose a specific area to send out an emergency message to all business and residents within the area. This tool is only used for emergency purposes such as: wild land fires or other hazards.
Note: Landlines and businesses are automatically registered in the 9-1-1 system. This self registration tool is for cellular and VOIP lines only. There is no need to register your landline telephone.
Anyone can create an account and register their address in the Reverse 9-1-1 system by following these steps:
1) Go to the El Dorado County Website https://www.edcgov.us/
2) Select “Alert Notification System” icon link on the right side of the page:
3) A notice window opens stating you are leaving the website. Select “ok”
4) Select “Register your Phone”:
5) A new page opens. Complete the registration by entering your name, address, and contact information. Once completed, a map on the right side of the page will place a marker where your address is located.
6) Once completed select “register”. If you provided an email address, a confirmation email will be sent to that account. Open the email and click the link to finish the registration process.
*Tip: You can register 2 phones per account. Unlimited accounts can be registered to any address. Therefore, if you have multiple phones/multiple people at one address, simply create additional accounts.
*Tip: If the program states it “cannot find your address”, refresh the page (F5) and this will usually fix the problem by automatically loading the map viewer.
For additional information: Contact Deputy Jamey Morgan at 530-621-5131 email@example.com or Deputy Todd Crawford at 530-621-7660 firstname.lastname@example.org
Lt. Tom Murdoch